The Coronavirus pandemic has necessitated changes for everyone and here on the South Sands Ferry it is no exception.
To follow social distancing rules we are having to reduce our passenger numbers to 12 or below so please bear with us over the busy time, please follow the guidance of your Captain.
Corona Virus Operational Protocols
- All passengers must wear face coverings in line with Government guidance on using public transport. The ferry is classified as public transport.
- Face coverings will will be available to purchase at point of fare payment for 50p, if a passenger requires one.
- Capacity will be reduced to a maximum of 12 passengers
- Stand here 'Feet' are placed on Whitestrand pontoon one, meter apart for queuing passengers
- Large signage is placed prior to the pontoon requesting passengers to queue/stand ONLY on the 'Feet' to restrict queuing to 12 persons only.
- The Captain and Tractor Driver will wear face coverings while dealing with members of the public. When in the wheel house these may be removed.
- The Captain and Tractor Driver will take and record online the temperature of all members of staff at the start of each day.
- Public hand washing facilities are available at both Whitestrand and South Sands and will be used regularly by the Captain and the Tractor Driver along with onboard hand sanitiser.
- Fares will be collected by Card Payments only, encouraging contactless payments whenever possible.
- The card payment reader will be sanitised every trip with antiseptic wipes by the Captain onboard and by the Tractor Driver at South Sands.
- Social distancing will be adhered to where possible with the Captain or Tractor Driver giving guidance on seating priority.
- Hand sanitiser is displayed and available prior to boarding and on both the boat and the Sea Tractor.
- A one way system on the Boat is marked with black/yellow arrows on the front of the seating to aid distancing measures.
- A one way system on the Sea Tractor is marked with black/yellow arrows the front of the seating to aid distancing measures;
- Family groups will be kept together and asked to remain in their group for the duration of the trip.
- Passengers in the 'Vulnerable' category will be accommodated, where practical, or asked to wait by the Captain or Tractor Driver until the following trip to ensure distancing measures.
- Passengers at Whitestrand will queue at the top of the pontoon and will be required, through signage, to maintain social distancing protocols.
- Fares at Whitestrand will be collected immediately prior to boarding by the Captain, to minimise contact during the trip.
- Passengers at South Sands will be instructed to queue on the beach, through signage and instruction from the Tractor Driver.
- Fares at South Sands will be collected immediately prior to boarding the Sea Tractor by the Tractor Driver, to minimise contact.
- At the end of each trip hand rails, hand holds and seating areas will be wiped down with disinfectant wipes by the boat Captain and Tractor Driver
- At the end of each day the Boat and Sea Tractor will be sprayed with a virucide, Vircon Rely+On, ensure that all areas are thoroughly disinfected and allowed to dry overnight.